The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council (ISEPC) was set up in 1983 as a company not for profit under Companies Act duly sponsored by the Government of India in the Ministry of Textiles. The Council as on date has a membership of 655 regular exporters of Silk goods whereas more than 1800 exporters have registered with the Council. ISEPC works closely with the Government of India on policy formulation concerning silk sector and provides specialized services to the entrepreneurs enlarging global business opportunities for the silk industry in India.
Main Activities of the Council
• Explore markets and identifies items offering export potential by conducting market surveys.
• Establish contacts with the presepective buyers to generate their interest in Indian Silk products.
• Sponsor trade delegation, study teams and sales teams to various market abroad.
• Organize Buyer Seller Meets for its member exporters.
• Organize Silk fairs and exhibition in India.
• Participate in trade fairs and exhibitions abroad.
• Resolve trade disputes.
• Launch generic promotion of silk products from India.
• Organize Workshops/Seminars on various trade and policy related issues.
Mohan Cooperative industrial Estate
Mathura Road, New Delhi- 110044